English Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer training manual

+6
sandaime
Weaa..AKA..Urd
Flashearrt the great
Keelhauled
WeirdFaerie
Whiskeh
10 posters

Go down

Officer training manual Empty Officer training manual

Post by Whiskeh Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:15 am

OFFICERTRAINING

1. Check the bulletin board.

some officers have their own rules that should be followed – always make sure u check the bulletin before u start planning a pillage.

2. Check Hold
There are 3 different drinks to use for a voyage: swill, grog and rum.
Why? Because it is what keeps us going Razz
Without the drinks we will have a less area to fight on in sf and we get nice shakey hands in rumble which makes it harder to win.
If u sail with bots they actually work worse without the drink even if they drink less than us.

Swill and grog may be cheaper than rum, but rum lasts a lot longer so in the long run – its pretty much the same cost

Depending on how long yer journey will be and how much ye tend to shoot, calculate the stock.
I usually buy 30 rum on a sloop and about 50-100 small cannon balls. Also it is sometimes an idea to keep fruit on the ship. With a potential loss ye will lose a certain amount of yer stock and poe and having fruit onboard will make ye lose less of the rum and balls.

For unexperienced officers I recommend ye only use sloops for pillaging.

To buy stock
Tap hold and “trade commodities”.
Ye will see to circles – Buy and sell price. Tap sell price and the cheapest seller will come on top. Scroll until u find what u need and then tap it. Down to yer right ye have two boxes – Buy and sell. Fill in the amount of what ye are buying and click BUY. Be careful so ye don’t buy 300 instead of 30 of something.

As officer anything ye buy will go from yer own pocket, but also after ye are done and have divided booty, that money will go directly to yer pocket for restocking.

To sell stock
Tap the Buy price button and the one buying for highest will show up on top.
Tap that one and go down to sell button down on yer right and fill in the amount yer selling and click SELL.

3. Chart a course
Tap the navigation wheel, then chart course.
To be able to chart the course ye will need maps or have the route memorised from navigating it.
When ye have chosen the island ye want to go to - tap it and then Chart course. If ye change yer mind - tap clear and do it again.
To change a course at sea ye need to stop at a League point

4. Hire jobbers
Tap the little box on yer right (under sail/deport) to hire jobbers. Ye can also hire in private - as in mates or someone suggests a name to hire.
Type /job name of pirate.
If a jobber wont obey yer orders or just lazes around - give ONE warning then plank.
To plank type /plank name of pirate

To order your crew around, either ask them nicely or press the box with the names and choose station for them.

5. Set sail
When ye feel yer ready, tap sail and off ye go. Make sure u have enough ppl or at least a couple of bots. Make sure every station is filled. Even if u don’t have damage, the carp and bilge will fill up pretty fast if no one is working at those stations.
At every league point ye will have to tap the sail button.

6. Attacking ships
There are 6 colors on the ships (might rings)- blue, aqua, green, yellow, orange and red. The color range is going from weak to really strong. Blue and aqua means that they are weaker than u so don’t attack those. Attacking weaker ships will have its revenge in form of The Black Ship (el pollo Diablo) = a ship with 100 skeletons and its impossible to beat.
Yellow, orange and red are stronger.

There are also different ranks of the ships, the same as crew ranks

• sailors
• mostly harmless
• scurvy dogs
• scoundrels
• blaggards
• dread pirates
• sea lords
• Imperials

These ranks are determined by how good u are at winning battles basically.
The lower rank, the less u need to max them in battle navigation.
Sailors are not good swordfighters or rumbles while sea lords and imperials will need to be maxed before the fight because they are very strong.

To attack a ship, click the ship and an “attack” button will show up. Sometimes they see ye first and will be attacking ye, and sometimes the box will appear automatically when the ship is close. It is good to pay some attention on what ship it is before battle so ye are prepared. Brigands = sf, Barbarians = rumble.

Seabattle:
Officer training manual The_to10

To put the tokens in – drag them into the slots (empty holes <<) or click the slots. If ye decide to click, u might need to click again to get another token. Left comes first, then straight and then right.

Sail gives ye the tokens, the better sailors the faster ye will get yer moves.
The more damage ye have, the harder it will be to get moves, so keep good ppl on carp and bilge.
There is an “auto”-box, it means ye get yer moves evenly. But ye might also want to decide for yerself what moves ye want so ye can unclick it and then ye click the circles above the tokens to determine what token ye want.

To shoot – tap the lil round circles on the side of the ship, make sure u know how the ship moves so ye are shooting in the right direction.
The cannon balls shoots 3 squares

To grapple – same as shooting, but ye have to click twice

Larger ships as war brigs and up can fire twice on each side and they also have a “spacer” that prevents them from moving four times in one turn. It can be moved by placing a token over it or dragged.

To the right of the scene ye have an hourglass under a circle divided in two.
The circle will show ye the damage ye have, the left side will be red and shows carp. The right side is blue and shows bilge.
The hourglass shows ye how much time ye have to put the moves in and fire.

LSM - Last second move
A lot of ppl think that the brigands cheat because they always seem to know how ye move. This, of course, is not true. They know the most common moves and by the bar above the ship, they can figure out how many moves ye might use.
The brigands/barbarians sometimes use LSM.
This means they wait until the time is pretty much run out before they place their moves.
More experienced navigators use this but I recommend that when ye start out, just place them out

Battle navigation board (bnav board)
There are a few “hazards” on the board such as winds, whirlpools and rocks
(don’t we just love them? <<)

Officer training manual Some_h10

• Wind will push your vessel in a direction, regardless of which way the ship faces. Check the direction of the wind. They might be very useful!!
• Whirlpools will swirl your vessel around. They are predictable, but tricky. I recommend learning them, check how they make yer ship move. As with winds, they can be very useful.
• Rocks will stop a vessel dead in its tracks, causing it a little damage.
• The edge of the board also acts like rocks, causing damage.

Whirlpools do their whirling and winds their winding after the player's movement turn, but before the fire of cannons.

Ramming
If ye collide with another ship – both ships will be damaged. Larger ships causes greater damage on smaller ships (makes sense doesn’t it?). When ye ram, ye can push the other ship away, which might be useful in some situations 

Sometimes if ye have too much damage and it will be impossible to win the battle, after 10 turns ye will get a notice that the defender is allowed to disengage. Depending on how much ye get shot, it will take a few more turns.
Its adviceable to disengage when yer maxed and the other ship doesn’t have much damage.

Grapple and boarding

To be able to grapple the other vessel ye must be along side with them.
In SF – never team more than 3 on each opponent. To select an opponent ye can either click on the opponent or use the arrows on the keyboard. I prefer clicking since ye then choose which one ye want to team on.
If teaming over 3, the bots will send big swords on yer team and kill them faster.
In rumble ye can team more than 3

Booty/Loot

When winning each pirate will receive 75% of the poe, the crew restock cut out of that 75% will be placed automatically in the ships hold or in an officers pocket if no higher ranked officer is aboard. The remaining booty is placed into the booty chest to be divided at port.

Sinking
A vessel can only be sunk when yer flag is at war with another flag. To sink a ship ye will need to hit them a few more times more than it takes to max it.
If ye sink – ye might end up with a nice little hook, peg leg or an eye patch.
For those who doesn’t want that – there are potions at the apothecary to repair yer body Razz

PVP (person vs person)
Its strongly recommended that ye don’t engage in that kind of battle since it will be a lot harder than facing brigands/barbarians. Ye can see if it’s a pvp ship by the flag name in the info box. If ye should be engaged in a pvp battle, ye can either run (keeping away from that ship until yer allowed to disengage) or type /vw name of the ship and try to locate who is running the ship. Send a tell asking for a disengage. Or just do yer best and beat the crap out of them..
Winning or losing pvp battles determine yer crew rank (sailors to imperials) and the higher yer rank, the less ye might be hit. Also, a renaimed ship is almost asking for pvp since its easy to detect.

7. Land Ho!!
When ye reach land, tap port and propose booty division.

Officer training manual Divide10

Here ye can increase or decrease the amount the pirates will receive. If someone has left the pillage or been planked or just been lazing most of the time, its recommended to put a minus for that pirate.
I put a plus on those who has worked extra hard or been extra good in battles, but its not a must.

the little gold ships under the pirate shows how many battles he/she has attended
Try to remember to recruite on yer journeys. Ask if anyone wants to join the crew and try to sell the crew as much as possible by letting ppl know how good and fun and friendly we are.

Brigand Kings

These are extremely hard to fight but if ye win ye get cute little trinkets.
Ye will only find them by attacking red ringed vessels and ye will receive a message about their appearance.

OFFICERS
As officer special rules apply. Ye restock from yer own pocket and the restockfee from the booty goes to ye as well - so the restock money - ye use to restock and then put the eventual leftovers back in the hold. Ye can’t sell stuff or withdraw from the coffers.

Any questions please contact one of the SOs

Maxing = This is the number of cannon balls needed to max every ship.. Remeber, your goal in bnaving is to max your opponent before grappling
To sink a ship ye will need to more than max them

Cannon balls

Shiptype_________Small____Medium____Large

Sloop_____________6_________4_______3
Cutter____________8_________5________4
Dhow_____________8_________5________4
Longship__________9_________6________5
Baglah____________12________8________6
Merchant brig______12________8________6
War brig___________16_______10________8
Merchant galleon____18_______12________9
War Frig___________30_______20________15
Grand Frig__________36_______24_______18

Sea monster hunt____________sinking
Triketos_____________13________9_______7
Gorgonyx____________25________17______13
Archelon____________50________34_______25
Whiskeh
Whiskeh
Senior officer

Back to top Go down

Officer training manual Empty Officers in training

Post by Whiskeh Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:28 pm

For officers in training..

From now on officers in training will be getting tasks on our warbrig pillages.
Such as - Making sure we have enough stations, planking lazers, restocking and things like that.
It will give you the chance to practice for real before you head out there on your own.
Pay attention to what stations we will need and use officer chat ( /o ) to communicate.
Whiskeh
Whiskeh
Senior officer

Back to top Go down

Officer training manual Empty Re: Officer training manual

Post by WeirdFaerie Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:13 am

All this time I've wrote /officer and I only have to do /o? ><

*Loves Whiskeh*
WeirdFaerie
WeirdFaerie
Senior officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskeh Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:52 am

What can I say?

I am the queen of lazehness, I never type out the whole words ><

like /fw /fo /o /cr /vw /cw /w and.. and /r of course.. Cant remember what else there is ><
Whiskeh
Whiskeh
Senior officer

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdFaerie Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:14 am

*cannot work out what any of them are*

>< I am so sleepeh and the Flash is getting me confoosed as always
WeirdFaerie
WeirdFaerie
Senior officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskeh Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:40 pm

/me hits flash with a newspaper

stop confoosing women!!

Chats:
/o = /officer
/fo = flag officer
/cr = crew chat
/r = royal chat

Hide and seek fun << :
/w = /who - finding out who is on a specific island, also used to find out how many u have on a ship or just to find out which OM whos online.
/w pirate name = /who - finding a person
/cw crew name= /cwho - finding a crew
/fw flag name= /fwho - finding a flah
/vw - Vwho vessel name (or something :s never used the full one rofl) - finding a vessel

Im so sure Ive forgotten something but ah well roflrofl
Whiskeh
Whiskeh
Senior officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Keelhauled Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:01 am

/e reckons bat-nav tests should be re-introduced...
Keelhauled
Keelhauled
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/pratville

Back to top Go down

Post by Flashearrt the great Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:45 am

yeah cos they can't all be good at them like me and keels Wink

Flashearrt the great
Senior officer

Location : In a Grand Frigate battling the enemy for the good and glory of United Kingdom and the English Rose

http://www.myspace.com/kirkchops

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskeh Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:10 am

uhm.. bnav is always included when u train officers? lol

Im not sure how others do it but I always go through the basics and take them out on pillage and encourage them to practice on bnav when ever they can.

And then there are ppl like me who never will get bnav ><
Whiskeh
Whiskeh
Senior officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weaa..AKA..Urd Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:16 pm

train me oh great whiskeh, i want to be officer Razz

Weaa..AKA..Urd
Sailor

Back to top Go down

Post by sandaime Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:39 am

Hey whiskeh in that officer session thing some of the stuff really is sort of useless information (like useless to the point if you did not know that how in the world could you have possibly gotten good enough to become an officer). I cant remember what, but if i went through the thing again (which i hope i do not have to) i would beable topoint out what is useless.
Anyways, it was helpful and slightly interesting.
One last thing: i would have thought a sloop owned by you would be pink.

sandaime
Fleet officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mathew1122 Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:56 am

well basicly thats pointless to tell about selling stock for me becuase to sell stockyou need to own the ship. yes i tried. and it said acces denied. I NEED A SLOOP any idea how much it cost

mathew1122
Sailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffdr Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:01 am

In my crew on Sage the officer test consists of running a pillage of at least 3 battles you must have a score of at least 5 (them) - and no more than 2(us) for one of them battles.

People are graded on their Bnav, how they move their crew around, and their bedside manner (their politeness even when things go bad).

I realize my Sage crew is one of the toughest Officer programs out there but it's a place to start if ye want to institute a test you can figure out what exactly you want to do for one.

p.s. can I go for officer soon?
Griffdr
Griffdr
Fleet officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskeh Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:58 pm

1. Weaa >.< !!
( no comment what so ever Razz )

2. I put in like all I could think of to cover as much as possible - one day it might come handy and trust me I have trained.. idiots basically - so yes I know some is useless and boring. but just skip those parts then Razz also Im a pink gurl? ><
otherwise usually marrongurl but ah well Razz

3. You dont need to own the sloop to sell stock - u need to be fleet officer or above and the ship needs to be unlocked.

4. aye I have had part of hardcore officertraining shit. Like super hardcore where u got put in a training crew when u became officer.. that sucked
Officering is as u say based on not only stats but how u act. Some ppl can have amazing stats and be really bad officers or have no stats and be awesome.
Sure bnav is a good thing to know. Like I KNOW how >< I just suck anyway.. So I just like encourraging newcoming officers to go out there and train as much as possible. But I dont like grading ppl :s or like do tests like ask 10 questions and bla bla rofl
I prefer taking my new officers out for a pillage and let them take turns naving and boost their confidence.

its all about experience.. the more u pillage or job and look at how the officers acts - the more u learn
Whiskeh
Whiskeh
Senior officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sublime Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:48 am

I am very good at training officers, or for that manner, anyone in any skill. If ever you want training, I do run training runs when all you do is pick a station and puzzle in it unil your eyes fall out or we port. Just send me a tell, and I'll job ye and you can train.

REMEMBER (as Whiskeh said above) Being an officer menas you are a taskmaster. You can take over if the commaning officer loggs off, and it's your job to try and organise the jobbbers ect. But most of all, its just practice.
Sublime
Sublime
Fleet officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffdr Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:34 pm

EDIT: double post see below for the real slim shady.

Last edited by Griffdr on Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Griffdr
Griffdr
Fleet officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffdr Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:47 pm

Here's a little tutorial dealing with some tactics and other things for really green officers. I still maintain using the Navy battle mission is a great place to get used to the Battle navigation board and although you don't make a lot of PoE it's the best place to learn the in's and out's so you can with the help of your officer trainers make lots of PoE in the long run.

Bnav Tutorial.

Any questions or comments let me know It's still a work in progress and I tried to make it general to cover AI changes.
Griffdr
Griffdr
Fleet officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sublime Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:14 pm

A good tip into forcing the bot to move is put in a gun or a token, so your bar has a white part in it, then taking it out. Most of the time, the opponant will simply think that you are moving, and move, giving you an advantage.

Not bad Griff, i think that we should come up with a list of tricky stratagies, and suitiations and how to come out best.
Sublime
Sublime
Fleet officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffdr Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:27 am

yep. I started a little but didn't go to much into it. It's still definately a work in progress.
Griffdr
Griffdr
Fleet officer

Back to top Go down

Post by funke Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:40 pm

There is only 1 thing u need to know about officering if ur too lazy to read that guide. DON'T LAZE OR ELSE U WILL BE ATTACKED BY AFRO SMILEYS MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAH afro only i can laze Razz afro afro afro afro afro

this is a lol! production
funke
funke
Pirate

Location : why you care? aumg u want to stalk me dont you? o.o i'm scared waaaaaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum